Inside Sales & Tender Specialist, EMEA
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
The Inside Sales & Tender Specialist drives and manages the sales of Element AVITI instruments, consumables and services within an assigned territory. The role is expected to meet and/or exceed sales targets for new sales, ongoing sequencing consumables, and related services. In addition to meeting and/or surpassing sales and lead qualification targets, this role will be responsible for the development, discovery, management, and maintenance of the tender activities to acquire maximum efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organization. This teammate will collaborate across the business, especially with the EMEA sales team to enable and manage the successful growth of tender business. This role will report to the General Manager, EMEA and will be a remote role based in EMEA.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meet and/or surpass sales targets for instrument sales, sequencing consumables, and related services at the time of new capital purchase(s) and through the lifetime of the instrument
- Manage the customer sales process through phone, e-mail, web/remote conferencing, and limited on-site visits to promote and further develop Element business
- Work with other commercial teams to prospect and qualify sales leads from a wide variety of sources, to identify the owner of these qualified opportunities, and to route these in Salesforce to the appropriate sales lead
- Develop and manage the tender strategy and business for EMEA with the sales team to deliver the commercial goals
- Assist in the development of the organization’s tender process strategy and business planning
- Manage a functional team to deliver the end-to-end tender process from pre-sales, initial sales opportunity qualification through to formal proposal submission including tender team construction, roles and responsibilities, deliverables timeline and approval processes for small, medium and large deals
- Effectively manage all inbound/outbound communication with customers
- This includes but is not limited to: lead qualification from events, marketing campaigns and prospecting customer lists; coordinating with internal resources (field sales, field application scientists, product management, commercial leadership) to address customer questions and objections; identifying potential upsell/cross-sell opportunities, and driving increased instrument utilization through the life of the product
- Establish and maintain a strong, positive, and productive relationship with customers and individuals within the organization
- Maintain the Salesforce CRM database for accurate lead qualification, funnel management and forecasting in a timely and complete manner, while maximizing productivity during key selling time
- Achieve daily customer phone contact objectives to deliver sales presentations to address customer’s research needs and increase opportunities and sales
Education and Experience:
- Life Sciences Bachelor’s degree is required plus Life Sciences industry experience with 3+ years of lead generation/prospecting experience, on-going account management, work in CRMs, etc
- Must be a self-starter and have a good understanding of the NGS field and working with tenders
- Candidate must be comfortable with conducting presentations effectively and professionally to customers/peers/management
- Candidate must be multilingual in English, German and French (at least 2 of 3 languages)
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Remote with preference in The Netherlands
- Domestic and International travel up to 25%
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.