Senior Embedded Systems Test Engineer I
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Test Engineer who will play a pivotal role in the development of our high-performance instrument platform. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about electronic system development. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in firmware testing and validation. Experience with test bench development and debugging on real system is a must. This role will report to Director of Embedded Systems and will be a San Diego based role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Define embedded SW/FW test plans based on system specification and functionality requirements
- Design and implement FW testbenches for electronic communication and control features
- Conduct performance profiling on data processing tasks in embedded SoCs
- Develop test automation approaches and environment for FW release regression tests
- Conduct FW release test procedure and maintain documentation
- Communicate, collaborate with embedded system and software developers on validation and debugging activities
Education and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer sciences
- At least 3 years industry experience in embedded firmware testing
- Experience in FW/SW white box testing including test plan design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance
- Experience with the development and execution of automated tests
- Test and Debug experience on usual communication protocols including UART, I2C, SPI, CAN
- Proficient in scripting and debugging in any of the following: Python, C, C++, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of electronic hardware components including embedded processors/SoCs
- Experience in data processing task validation is a plus
- Familiar with C and C++ programming and corresponding debugging tools / methodology
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills: analyze and investigate test failures, errors, build issues, and be able to accurately drive issues to completion
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- San Diego, CA
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $103,000 - $125,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.