Technical Applications Support Specialist
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What will you be doing?
- Provide technical support by answering customer technical inquiries.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources and escalate issues or problems when needed
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings/trainings
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects
- Partner closely with the field applications team to quickly diagnose issues
- Provide primary input or develop advanced troubleshooting documentation
- Provide feedback to R&D, product quality teams, analyze and initiate improvement projects on libraries
- Identifying root causes to applications issues in the field
- Develop creative and effective support strategies and guidance to user manuals
- Validate service advanced troubleshooting documentation and software
- Provide guidance and mentoring to associates of junior levels
- Displaying professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
- Assist in training new hires
- Collaborating with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes
- Utilizing service CRM software to dispatch and accurately document work in a timely manner
- SOME TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. APPROXIMATELY 10%.
What skills / experience do you need?
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly collaborative; able to work well within multidisciplinary teams
- Familiar with NGS sample and library prep workflows
- Skilled in nucleic acids and protein analytical methods
- Generate high quality and reproducible wet lab data from established protocols
- Strong relationship-building and Interpersonal skills
- High degree of comfort navigating technical project discussions
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular
- Prior experience in customer service is a plus
- Quick learner and adapts to change
- Detail oriented
- MS degree with 5+ years or PhD plus experience in NGS library construction
- Experience with NGS sequencing instrument and sequencing run set up preferred