Staff Software Engineer, Web, UI
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We’re in search of a talented Web UI software engineer that is experienced with electron based development on Linux. We are looking for someone that can contribute to the react based kiosk app that runs on our device, as well as, using the same underlying platform for our web app. The right candidate has built web based UI using react and has experience using the same stack for an electron based Linux app. Additionally, the right person will be ready to support their own development and deployment operations (devops), automate all their testing, as well as secure and support the system as a whole.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate remotely in a small growing team of fast paced solution oriented software engineers from various specialties
- Plan, design and develop web apps that interface with gRPC and GraphQL based API
- Automate, manage and support dev pipelines for building web applications and electron based Ubuntu Snaps
- Deploy and debug electron and react based web applications
- Educate teams on the implementation of software initiatives, providing associated training and documentation as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems
- Use your extensive knowledge of APIs to design services, and integrate them with existing data providers in polyglot protocols and languages
- Build and design systems that are fault tolerant, highly available, scalable and observable
- Take ownership of the entire system ensuring quality with complete automation testing
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a major Linux distribution, ideally Ubuntu
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering
- Knowledge of gRPC and or GraphQL
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of remote engineers, or alone as required
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.