Staff Scientist: Sequencing Biochemistry Development
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are looking for a staff scientist to help lead the development of Element’s proprietary Avidity Chemistry that powers the AVITI platform. You will be responsible for high-impact research and development of surface-based biochemistry to improve sequencing performance.
- Demonstrate technical leadership with curiosity, passion, and drive to develop products and solutions that change the world of biotechnology
- Lead a team of Scientists and Associates to develop biochemistry reagents that deliver improvements to NGS performance.
- Develop assays to characterize and improve reagent compositions, performance, and stability using Element’s AVITI platform and surrogate assays and platforms (plate readers, fluorescent microscopes, Capillary electrophoresis, HPLC, ect….)
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments independently and with others
- Provide technical knowledge and directional guidance to junior members of the team
- Build cross-functional relationships through effective communication with technical leaders across the organization to effectively solve multi-disciplinary challenges
- strong technical background in biochemistry and chemistry that includes experience with polymerases and modifying DNA, incorporation and chemical reactions of modified nucleotide substrates, and optimizing reaction conditions.Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to deliver biochemistry solutions leading to product commercialization
- Proven track record of innovation through intellectual property
- D. in biochemistry or related field with 5+ years of biotechnology industry experience
- Well rounded expertise in surface-based biochemistry, polymerase-DNA interactions, NGS technologies, and data analysis including fluorescent signals generated on surfaces