Staff Optical Systems Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value Grit, Learning Agility, Customer obsession and Teamwork.
If this sounds like you, we are seeking a Staff Optical Systems Engineer to lead the implementation and qualification of complex optical test systems. This is a key role within our instrument optics group requiring an experienced technical expert who can collaborate closely with optical designers, optomechanical engineers and cross-functional teammates from system integration, wet chemistry, software, informatics and quality assurance functions.
- Work with Marketing, System Engineers and Optical Design Engineers to translate market requirements and product requirements to optical system and module requirements.
- Propose and design testing methodologies to verify optical specifications on system level.
-Work with optical design engineer to design, implement and characterize complex optical system and modules. Influence overall development of instrument mechanical, motion and thermal design to achieve optical performance specifications.
- Analyze problems in existing systems, troubleshoot and develop solutions.
- Lead optical test station development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates on optics metrology, characterization and test instrumentation.
- Design and develop internal or external optical metrology involving hardware, software, and algorithm.
- Contribute to the company’s product development roadmap by exploring new design concepts and technologies.