Sr. Manufacturing Technician, Chemistry
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare. This role is responsible for performing the manufacturing and QC of reagent consumables for Element Biosciences. The role will also include, calibration, validation and troubleshooting of equipment and instruments.
- Perform assigned manufacturing tasks for small molecules as assigned by the Supervisor
- Synthesize complex organic molecules per established protocols
- HPLC purification and analysis of complex organic molecules
- Analytical HPLC instrument setup, sample preparation and run execution
- Perform data collection and analysis
- Interpreting and responding to quality data
- Conduct Quality Control procedures for consumables
- Perform work order processing to complete products to inventory
- Understand work flow and create/review Standard Operating Procedures
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other scientists, engineers and manufacturing personnel to support R&D and process improvement activities to meet production goals
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science (biology, biochemistry, chemistry) with specialization in synthetic or analytical chemistry preferred
- Preferably 3+ years relevant experience in consumable manufacturing, with hands on experience with organic synthesis and small molecule purification.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established protocol in the production of complex organic molecules
- Proficiency with chromatographic tools such as GE AKTA and Agilent HPLC systems
- Knowledge of organic chemistry, process chemistry, and process engineering are desirable.
- Fast learner and experience training others on the new process
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as on teams.
- System level testing and troubleshooting experience
- Start Up culture experience desirable – comfortable in working with ambiguity and at a fast pace
- Strong communicator and collaborator – experience in working closely with process development engineers
- Basic understanding of equipment upkeep, calibration and maintenance
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with excel and word, Confluence, web based or similar programs
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP system
- Experience with SOPs, BRs, WIs required.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives. We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.