Senior Program Manager
We are looking for a driven and experienced professional in project management to support product commercialization. The Program Snr Manager / Director will establish and apply best practices in the initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects, as well as provide support to project management functions to build best practices and standards. They will interact with external stakeholders and internal cross functional groups, including Research and Development, Commercial, and Operations to provide clear direction and set expectations.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong cross-functional leadership and communication skills to influence the facilitation and execution of key projects and initiatives aligned with our corporate vision.
- Demonstrates program management standard methodologies and strives to improve the product development process
- Leads the team to prepare for Phase Gate and other Go/No-Go decisions by executive leadership, ensuring that decisions are informed by a balanced and clearly articulated representation of the relevant data
- Ensures alignment of product value proposition, program scope, and strategic business objectives
- Leads program planning process ensuring requirements are clear and driven by customer need and experience
- Responsible for planning, tracking, and driving timely execution of development activities and projects
- Collaborate and deploy project management within internal cross-functional sub-teams, and be instrumental in building project teams
- Establish technical project management best practices and drive their implementation across the company
- Develop and manage the execution of high quality, integrated cross-functional technical project plans for product commercialization
- Coordinate collection of product requirements from internal sources and external partners, translates into specific goals, and ensure the delivered products will meet the expectations of customers, stakeholders, and external collaborators
- Develop and execute integrated project plans, identify rate limiting factors and key dependencies
- Creates and manages a comprehensive program schedule that includes a detailed work breakdown structure, tasks durations, and all critical dependencies.
- Maintain project specific timelines and deliverables, including critical program, financial and communication milestones
- Considers risk factors that could affect scope, schedule, and resources - and develops adequate contingency plans for potential issues.
- Provides ongoing evaluation and careful assessment of the project in regards to design robustness, schedule status, resource loading, and budget compliance.
- Ensure timely communication of changes or updates on timelines and deliverables
- Apply decision analysis tools to analyze complex situations and recommend defensible actions and solutions
- Exercise good judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Deploy and utilize project management databases to manage project portfolio, resources, and plans
- Develop tracking dashboards and alerts to identify any critical issues that can delay or impact program and work with program lead to develop mitigation plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a BS in business, science, or engineering discipline with 5+ years’ progressive experience in life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or diagnostic manufacturing (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Professional experience in the delivery of complex systems and solutions as a program manager.
- Proven experience in managing product development and commercialization projects in a multidisciplinary research or commercial environment
- Advanced degree in bioengineering, chemistry, molecular biology would be preferred but not essential.
- Engineering background is a plus
Other Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to hold stakeholders accountable for timelines and deliverables while maintaining strong, constructive interpersonal relationships with team members
- Working knowledge and experience with project planning software (e.g., MS Project, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and visionary skills
- Decision maker with high integrity that understands how to assess and mitigate risk
- Ability to collaborate with high level cross functional teams or other external partners
- Ability to influence teams, both internal and cross-company, in a matrix management environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment where drive is critical to success
- Solid understanding of timelines, human resources, and budgets necessary for product development
- Creative and independent thinker with ability to work with teams
- Excellent communication skills
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.