Senior Firmware (FW) Engineer
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
If this sounds like the place for you, we are seeking a senior FW Engineer to develop, test and debug embedded C firmware on advanced DNA sequencing instruments. This engineer will also own our FW build and release process throughout the development and deployment life cycle. This is a key role within our R&D engineering team requiring a driven engineer with a track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teammates from SW, FW, electrical, mechanical and systems groups. Strong engineering fundamentals, intrinsic curiosity and proactive mindset are essential attributes
- Participate in system and FW architecture design of disruptive biotech instruments
- Develop embedded C code to control subsystems such as high precision motion stage, fluorescence excitation laser and cutting-edge image sensor
- Independently design test plans, carry out FW tests, generate reports and drive FW improvements
- Define and manage EB Instrument FW build and release control processes
- Support Integration and testing activities including automatic test fixtures SW development
- Collaborate with other engineers in various debugging and HW qualification activities
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, software, MIS, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience in relevant FW development or testing of electronic hardware:
- Strong embedded C skills
- In-depth understanding of schematic and layout design
- Direct experience in SPI, I2C and/or CAN bus operations
- Strong embedded system debug capabilities, including extensive high speed oscilloscope knowledge
- Proficient in GIT
- Familiar with SW/FW development and test practices such as agile sprint cycle, unit through integrated testing
- Direct experience in motor (DC or Stepper), Jira, Python and Xilinx FPGA Verilog are very helpful
- Demonstrated collaboration skills in order to influence good FW, electrical, and systems design practices
- Ability to work in a fast paced, interdisciplinary environment and quickly adjust to rapidly evolving technology and priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explaining technical issues and ideas to peers and management.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.