Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
- Own the planning of purchasing and manufacturing in order to balance supply, demand, and inventory goals.
- Analyze MRP output, optimize the purchasing and supply plans while managing material and capacity constraints.
- Execute and manage purchase orders.
- Communicate with vendors around necessary schedule changes, priority adjustments, delivery exceptions, etc.
- Plan and schedule manufacturing work orders. Coordinate with production planner to address exceptions, capacity issues, etc.
- Maintain/adjust MRP rules to drive the most optimized system suggested supply plan possible.
- Basic communication with vendors regarding specs, prioritization, shipping discrepancies, etc.
- Maintain vendor, material, and purchasing/planning master data.
- Participate in and support strategic sourcing strategy development.
- Work with finance and accounting to resolve pricing/invoicing discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar role
- Experience in an electromechanical manufacturing/assembly environment highly preferred
- Biotech/life science industry experience a plus
- Experience using and maintaining an ERP system for procurement/planning/inventory management (NetSuite preferred)
- High degree of initiative and self-direction, but also have a strong commitment to being a team player
- Advanced Excel skills
- Committed to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to flex and multi-task in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate in a professional, customer focused demeanor
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives. We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.