Sales Representative: West
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare. We are looking to build out a strong sales team focused on selling in the West Coast.
- Develops a strong understanding of Element technology.
- Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity.
- Demonstrates capability to present versatile and unique solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial circumstances for the customer and Element.
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
- Manages customer relationships post-sale, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships.
- Strong Genetics and Molecular Biology foundation.
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience.
- Experience with strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred.
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management.
- Preferred knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Genotyping method.
- A demonstrated desire to be an effective collaborator within a team selling environment.
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Biology / Genetics
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology / Genetics preferred