Research Associate, Surface Chemistry
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are looking for a creative and highly talented individual with a curious mind and desire to learn to join our interdisciplinary research team. You will be assisting in experimental design, materials synthesis and surface characterization. The preferred candidate will have research lab experience demonstrated by any combination of prior curricular, extracurricular undergraduate research lab work or work/intern experience.
- Work closely with senior scientific staff to execute laboratory work.
- Optimize chemistry protocols and develop standard procedures.
- Data analysis and interpretation of experimental results.
- Prepare reagents, buffers, biochemical substrates and functionalized surfaces.
- Document research progress for internal and external communications.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, materials science, biochemistry, bioengineering, physics, or similar fields
- 1+ years of scientific lab research experience
- Experience performing chemical reactions in solution and at surfaces desired.
- Working knowledge of microscopy and experience with common microscopy techniques.
- Interpretation of large datasets. Knowledge of statistical software (e.g., JMP) is a plus.
- Ability to produce high quality work with great attention to detail.
- Basic algebraic, statistical, and mathematical skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Creative and independent thinker.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.