We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented, highly motivated biologist to join the next generation application team at a well-funded and long-term multi-venture backed Life Sciences start-up company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and execute mammalian cell culture experiments.
- Follow detailed protocols of tissue processing, NGS and related assays to generate high quality data.
- Deliver accurate data in timely manner while balancing multiple activities at once.
- Maintain inventory of lab consumables of the tissue culture suite.
- Perform routine maintenance on commonly used lab equipment.
- Work with imaging and microscopy systems to study cell and tissue sections.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, or equivalent field of study, with 1+ years of relevant experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Expertise in aseptic techniques and basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience with maintenance of mammalian cell lines in a BSL-2 laboratory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic in learning.
- Multi-tasking; flexible working in a fast-paced research environment.