IT Business Partner
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced IT Business Partner to enhance the IT relationships with key departments and stakeholders. The successful candidate will have lifescience/healthcare experience as a business partner and have previous technical roles. You will collaborate with a wide range of clients including scientists, engineers, managers, company leadership, and support functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage IT’s relationship with business leaders and line management: Engineering, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Reagent Production, Site Heads, Finance, HR, and other key stakeholders
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers
- Varied. Every day at Element is different!
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas
- To prioritize speed and execution. We don’t do analysis paralysis
- Work closely with business and project teams to define solution requirements, vendor selection, and problem solving
- Work with cutting edge solutions and departments. We’re not bogged down by legacy and are here to change the world.
- Exceptional skills at analyzing and navigating complex operational ecosystems, and maturity in managing inter-organizational dynamics
- Demonstrated competency in execution of multiple large projects simultaneously
- Strong collaboration, delegation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence with ambiguity and ability to balance strategic direction and tactical execution
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Strategic thinking and planning. We must think of today’s needs and how they’ll age in 5 years.
- Operational execution excellence
- Technical background. This is an IT position after all.
- Team and collaboration orientation
- Problem solving and performance driven. We get stuff done.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
- 10+ Biotech/Pharma experience, including an understanding of R&D or engineering
- High School diploma or equivalent
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.