IT Application Support Manager/Engineer
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Application Support Manager/Engineer to monitor and maintain the efficiency of our software applications. In this role, your duties will include collaborating with colleagues, integrating SaaS applications, creating BI reports, maintain contracts and licensing, troubleshooting application issues, and performing application migration. You will also provide second level support to our clients.
To ensure success as an Application Support Manager/Engineer, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment. Top-Notch Application Support Professionals distinguish themselves by being proactive in providing application support. Opportunity for growth is anticipated for this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain and configure SaaS applications and manage vendor relationships
- Perform application integration and query support
- Provide advanced software application support in conjunction with level 1 and vendor support
- Perform analyses on software application functionality and suggest improvements
- Establish licensing management system, oversee vendor contracts and annual budget
- Manage code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality
- Establish the root causes of application errors and escalate to vendor or infrastructure, as needed
- Keep a record of configuration changes and schedule application updates
- Document processes and monitor application performance metrics
- Provide front-end support to clients and colleagues in other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as R, Python, and SQL
- Comfortable working with vendor APIs
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance
- Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to internal departments and web-based clients
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design
- Exceptional communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or similar field of study, with 5 years of relevant industry experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Demonstrated experience in Application Support and contractor management
products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.