Head of Sales
As our Head of Sales, you will build, scale, and inspire a winning Sales team to communicate our value proposition and drive product demand. You will leverage your knowledge of the Genomics / Next-Gen Sequencing industry and your established network to build a pipeline of opportunities and acquire new customers. You will collaborate with the Marketing and Customer Support teams to ensure end-to-end customer success. You will usher in a new frontier in sequencing, expanding access, and enabling more discoveries!
What will you be doing?
- Creating and executing a holistic strategy for the Global Sales organization
- Designing and building out a scalable sales team, including inside (remote) and field-based teams with regional and global phasing based on market dynamics.
- Informing our highest-level commercial decisions by sitting on our Commercial Leadership Team.
- Recruiting, developing, incentivizing, managing, and celebrating success with a dynamic team of sales professionals - driving a winning culture focused on customer success.
- Coaching sales managers to develop strategic and tactical plans and with a relentless focus on execution to drive revenue growth aligned with company goals and marketing strategy.
- Championing a consistent message about Element Biosciences’s vision and value proposition, and drive a unified field team to effectively communicate this to the customer base. -
Collaborating with the cross-functional Commercial team across business development, marketing, sales, commercial operations, and customer support.
- Defining key processes to include, but not limited to sales territory design and alignment management, sales quota and compensation design, sales compensation administration.
- Ensuring consistent capture and dissemination of valuable customer insights received by team members that interact - our customers, enabled by effective data management and business analytics.
- Owning the successful design, implementation, training, and utilization of our CRM (SFDC) for lead generation, opportunity management, quote, install, service & support.
- Leading and/or participating in projects: pricing optimization and demand forecasting by partnering with commercial operations, finance, and operations planning.
What skills/experience do you need?
- Demonstrate a committed passion for championing long-term customer success – and pull-through growth of applications and customer satisfaction.
- Consultative selling expertise and coaching – demonstrated ability to ask smart questions to understand customer dynamics and targeted solutions.
- Ability to lead the selling organization to drive demand generation using an opportunity funnel sales process
-Must be able to build relationships across the spectrum of customer stakeholders, from P.I's, to lab directors to C-suite decision-makers.
- Ability to effectively communicate, inspire, and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- Successful experience managing and coaching sales managers, working collaboratively to optimize multiple teams to drive customer success and sales objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, implement, and scale a team by attracting talent.
- A strategic thinker who is also a doer – a bias toward thoughtful use of data and then taking action by rolling up the sleeves and jumping in to get things done.
- Awareness and a general understanding of the clinical, economic, and reimbursement landscape.
- Strong financial acumen and an expert understanding of sales and revenue operations.
- CRM expertise is required, Salesforce.com experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum B.S. is required ( an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- 15+ years total business leadership experience across a variety of roles such as marketing, sales, strategic account management, commercial operations, and general management.
- Sales management experience with Life Sciences tools and the consumables market is required; experience in Genomics and Next-Generation Sequencing is preferred.
- Experience in a B2B, global company is required, start-up experience required.