As our General Manager, West, you will build, scale, and inspire a customer-centric team that will forge strong connectivity to our end users from California to the Mississippi River. You will be responsible for sales, service, scientific support and leverage your knowledge of the Genomics / Next-Gen Sequencing industry and your established network to build a pipeline of opportunities, acquire new customers and support them to help Element build a reputation as a great partner. You will collaborate with the Marketing, Commercial Operations and Commercial Strategy to ensure end-to-end customer success. You will usher in a new frontier in research, expanding access, and enabling more discoveries to help us become the partner of choice in sequencing!
What will you do?
- Create our go-to-market approach and help define our launch as a key part of our Commercial Steering Committee
- Build a holistic strategy including prioritized customer lists, approach for sales, installation and support for the Western half of the United States. The latter part will be in conjunction with the VP of Customer Service
- Design and build scalable customer teams, including inside (remote), field-based sales, Field Service Engineers and Field Application Scientists with phasing based on growth and market dynamics
- Informing our highest-level commercial decisions by sitting on our Commercial Leadership Team
- Coach managers to develop strategic and tactical plans with a relentless focus on execution to drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth aligned with company goals
- Champion a consistent message about Element Biosciences’ vision and value proposition and drive a unified field team to effectively demonstrate and communicate this to our customer base
- Define key processes to include, but not limited to territory design, sales targets, compensation design for the team and incentive compensation administration as appropriate.
- Ensure capture and dissemination of valuable customer insights received by team members that interact with our customers, enabled by effective data management and business analytics.
- Own the successful design, implementation, training, and utilization of our CRM (SFDC) for lead generation, opportunity management, quote, install, service & support.
- Lead and/or participate in projects including (but not limited to) pricing optimization and demand forecasting by partnering with commercial operations, finance, and operations planning.
How will your success be measured?
- Successful commercial launch as defined by units sold and successfully installed
- Sales growth of consumables indicating effective usage of our sequencers
- Service response time and effectiveness
- Ability to build a strong and collaborative team that does everything necessary to give our customers a great experience with our sequencer and with a culture that is consistent with Element’s core values.
- Customer net promoter score
What skills/experience do you need?
- Demonstrate a committed passion for championing long-term customer success – and pull-through growth of applications and customer satisfaction.
- Consultative selling expertise and coaching – demonstrated ability to ask smart questions to understand customer dynamics and targeted solutions.
- Ability to lead cross functional customer teams to drive demand generation and customer happiness
- Must be able to build relationships across the spectrum of customer stakeholders, from P.I's, to lab directors to C-suite decision-makers
- Ability to effectively communicate, inspire, and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- Successful experience managing and coaching managers, working collaboratively to optimize multiple teams to drive customer success and sales objectives
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, implement, and scale a team by attracting talent
- A strategic thinker who is also a doer – a bias toward thoughtful use of data and then taking action by rolling up the sleeves and jumping in to get things done
- Awareness and a general understanding of the clinical, economic, and reimbursement landscape.
- Strong financial acumen and an expert understanding of sales and revenue operations
- CRM expertise is required,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum B.S. is required though Masters or PhD especially in life sciences or engineering preferred
- 15+ years total business leadership experience across a variety of roles such as marketing, sales, strategic account management, commercial operations, and general management.
- Sales management or customer support experience with Life Sciences tools and the consumables market is required; experience in Genomics and Next-Generation Sequencing is preferred.
- Experience in a B2B, global company is required, start-up experience required.