Cloud Software Architect - AWS, Cloud
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare. We’re in search of a talented full stack software engineer that is cloud experienced and understands distributed systems. We are looking for someone that can contribute to all areas of the software stack including: the client, web services, back-end services, message streaming, transactional data stores and data warehouses. The right candidate has built microservices on top of a linux, docker and kubernetes stack -preferably using the GO programming language. Additionally, the right person will be ready to support their own development and deployment operations (devops), automate all their testing, as well as secure and support the system as a whole.
- Collaborating remotely in a small growing team of fast paced solution oriented software engineers from various specialities.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud based software utilizing microservices oriented architecture.
- Automating, managing and supporting cloud environments in accordance with industry best practices and security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of software initiatives, providing associated training and documentation as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design services, and integrate them with existing data providers in polyglot protocols and
- With your diverse knowledge of data stores and technologies build scalable data solutions for a variety of data.
- Utilize message bus and streams to deliver replicated polyglot data stores and event-driven systems.
- Building and designing systems that are fault tolerant, highly available, scalable and observable.
- Drive devops automation to reduce or eliminate manual operations requirements.
- Operationalize and support mutli-regional cloud environments.
- Take ownership of the entire system ensuring quality with complete automation testing.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Cloud Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable vast experience in a major cloud provider, preferably AWS.
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as GO, Java, C# (netcore) or C++.
- Experience with event-driven distributed microservices.
- Experience working with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS), K3S, Helm, MongoDB, NATS.
- Knowledge of web services, HTTP1/2, API, gRPC, GraphQL.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB,
- Cassandra, Redshift, MariaDB.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of remote engineers, or alone as required.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives. We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.