Business Process Analyst - Supply Chain
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare. At Element, we work at lightning speed. So, when things get in the way of progress, the Business Analyst helps to remove those roadblocks by identifying time-consuming internal processes and building solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. We look for dynamic, driven, and passionate candidates eager to build an amazing company and launch amazing products! We are seeking a candidate with a core set of skills around business process integration and analysis from project management to the ability to translate trends, findings, and anomalies into meaningful recommendations. You will make a meaningful impact on our growing business and will have the opportunity to lead and participate in an increasingly complex set of strategic initiatives, including process integration and enhancement.
- Leads operations and business integration activities in which the incumbent must understand business requirements (financial, service level, new product, etc.) and implement strategies (capacity, productivity, technology enhancements, new product/process launch, continuous improvement, etc.) to deliver the desired outcome.
- Provides hands-on project and technical leadership to execute key business operational imperatives.
- Owns project plans for cross-functional efforts and help define the project and program objectives, outcomes, and key success measures.
- Build analytical solutions, detailed work plans, lead end-to-end analytical projects from design, to planning, to development, to insights and executive storytelling – all in a consistent and structured manner.
- Drive process improvement and effectiveness including troubleshooting operational issues as they arise.
- Collaborates with leaders across the organization to develop goals, objectives, and key results; develops systems for managing performance against those goals.
- Support day-to-day operations and delivering on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the organizational strategic priorities.
- Collects, validates, and analyzes operations data and trends to provide guidance and direction to stakeholders and executive management.
- Collaborates with various departments to understand requirements, study business system capabilities, and come up with solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
- Recommends methods to fully utilize the existing ERP system to streamline and automate processes to improve efficiency.
- Collect data and conduct analyses to form recommendations and mitigation plans for the areas of concern.
- Create frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a BS in business, engineering, finance, data science or related field with 2 – 4 years of related work experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered).
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- Preferred work experience in managing projects across Engineering, Business Operations, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, or interlinked functions.
- Preferred relevant experience in the life science, medical device, or diagnostic industries.
- Broad business acumen in Manufacturing, Finance, Materials Management, Information Technology, Quality Systems, and Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Possess strong strategic thinking abilities and has demonstrated the ability to develop a vision and drive for successful attainment of that vision.
- Ability to breakdown complex business problems into actionable insights and recommend steps to a solution.
- Incumbent is a decision maker with high integrity that understands how to assess and mitigate risk.
- Highly variable operations are performed daily from complex technical decisions to routine administrative functions. Incumbent must be a self-starter that enjoys a great deal of freedom of action, innovation, and critical analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze, plan, manage, communicate, and execute change management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment where drive is critical to success. Project implementation is largely dependent upon the person’s ability to recognize the most efficient, cost effective, and strategic approach to attaining the desired goal.
- Strong inclination and passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) that facilitate strategy deployment to all levels of the organization.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Travel may be required up to 15%.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives. We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.