Director, Asia Pacific Sales
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced Director, Asia Pacific Sales who will play a pivotal role establishing and managing the sale and post-sales support of Element’s AVITI system and consumables products through a network of global distributor. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about developing and growing Element’s channel sales in line with the company’s objectives We are looking for candidates with a solid background in managing, identifying and developing global distributor partnerships. Significant sales management experience within the NGS Capital Sales space is a must.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate, develop and maintain negotiation with Asia Pacific distribution partners
- Assist distribution sales teams to drive growth of Instrument and Consumable product lines
- Analyze and implement all operational plans to drive revenue and prepare required forecasts for executive management
- Coordinate innovative sales and marketing campaigns to ensure rapid increase in sales
- Develop mechanisms for technical training for all distribution employees in pre and post sales
- Advocate on behalf of the distributor partners and their end users across Element’s organization. Own the resolution of complex problems by connecting the right internal resources with external partners and clients
- Supervise effective maintenance of pipeline and ensure punctual reporting mechanism to strengthen management
- Design various strategic plan to improve sales and marketing plans in distributor markets within Asia Pacific
- Manage everyday communication with all global distributors and own escalation of issues and opportunities
- Monitor regional competitors in specific markets and provide report for expansion chances/opportunities
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in life sciences or biomedical engineering is preferred
- Significant sales management experience, with a strong preference for NGS Capital Sales
- Excellent communicator with prior experience working with distributors and effectively engage with customers
- Highly motivated self-starter, with the ability to think innovatively and work independently
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong relationship and networking skills and can lead through influence
- Commercially astute with strong negotiating skills
- Proven experience conducting market analysis and identifying new opportunities
- A high level of business acumen, particular to the Life Science tools market
- Ability to work with people across different cultures and nationalities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- The drive and commitment to achieve personal and company goals
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is desirable
- Fluent in English, second language is a nice to have
- The ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
- Remote – APAC Region
- International and domestic travel up to 50%
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.