Sr Field Applications Scientist II
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced SeniorField Applications Scientist II who will play a pivotal role supporting our growing customer base in the Southeast Region. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about seeing customer success and winning for the company. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in NGS sample and library prep workflows. The hired candidate will need to be physically located in the territory and be willing to travel frequently to customer sites. This role will report to the Associate Director, Field Applications, and will be a remote role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Frequently traveling to the customer site is required
- Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software, and instruments
- Supporting commercial team and customers in their technical applications and providing product training
- Displaying professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
- Providing strategic and competitive feedback to marketing and product development teams, and independently leads or manages beta tests at customer sites
- Working independently on significant and unique issues requiring collaboration with key decision-makers and senior managers across the organization which may impact future products, concepts, and technologies
- Assisting sales and marketing on pre and post strategic sales activities requiring both technical depth and market knowledge
- Delivering customer training and workshops, both in-person and remote
- Utilizing service CRM software to accurately identify and document customer opportunities
- Collaborating with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree with 10+ years, Masters degree with 8+ years or PhD with 5+ years in NGS library construction (a combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Experience with NGS sequencing instrument and sequencing run set up along with NGS sample and library prep workflows is preferred
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication and strong relationship building skills
- Highly collaborative and adaptable; able to work well within multidisciplinary teams
- Skilled in nucleic acids and protein analytical methods
- Generate high quality and reproducible wet-lab data from established protocols
- High degree of comfort navigating technical project discussions
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Demonstrated account management skills
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours
- Remote – Southeast Region
- Domestic travel up to 80%
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $111,000 - $145,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, sales commission, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.