Director, Strategic Accounts - BioPharma
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced Director, Strategic Accounts - BioPharma who will play a pivotal role in supporting the AVITI Sequencing portfolio and leverage existing relationships and work to develop collaborations with large Pharma/ Biotech accounts and their partners. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in Next-Generation Sequencing and will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult and negotiate large deals with customers and influence key decisions on technology and product choices. A history of strong relationships with key thought leaders in the Bio/Pharma NGS space is a must. This role will report to the VP of Sales and will be a Remote role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain customer relations with strategic accounts that typically involve multi-site national labs; responsible to identify, develop and close new sales opportunities
- Partner with Account Executives on the greater commercial team to develop account strategy
- Align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with Leadership, Marketing, Scientific Support and local Account Executives
- Owns Strategic Relationships to identify new business opportunities and support local account activities
- Key Account Management Planning – Conduct analysis of industry trends and customer applications to assess the potential demands that clients may have within Pharma/Biotech space
- Develop short / medium- and long-term strategies that result in improving the opportunities to increase the sales pipeline
- Key Account Management - Introduce and ensure customer understanding of AVITI and Element Bioscience’s value proposition
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking using SFDC as part of daily work to ensure accurate reporting
- Team player, exhibiting the ability to build a collaborative and conducive work environment with the greater Commercial team, Scientific support team and Leadership team.
- Continuous improvement – find opportunities for standardized work, and improvement of quality and service with customer base
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field; A Master's or PhD degree is desirable or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- Ability to build relationships at the highest levels within an organization and negotiate large contracts for muli-site accounts
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships
- 4-6 years biopharma sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience
- Extensive knowledge of Next-Generation Sequencing
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer and colleague personality types
- Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist customers
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Domestic travel up to 50%
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $190,000 - $200,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, commission, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.