Senior Territory Account Manager, DACH
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced SeniorTerritory Account Manager who will play a pivotal role in establishing and executing strategies for obtaining new customers and maintaining/growing existing customer accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who has a strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in commercial sales and strong genetics and NGS knowledge. Experience with capital equipment sales and living in the DACH region is a must. This role will report to the General Manager, EMEA and will be a remote role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops a strong understanding of Element technology
- Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity
- Demonstrates capability to present versatile and unique solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial circumstances for the customer and Element
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities
- Manages customer relationships pre-sale, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships
- Achieve the quarterly and annual sales as assigned
- Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments)
- Possesses a deep understanding of the NGS landscape
- Coordinates and communicates strategic business plans effectively to the team
- Develops and manages the strategic sales plans and activities in the region
- Responsible for ensuring that Element Biosciences’ commitment to customer satisfaction is performed, delivered, and constantly improved
- Interacts and engages with other departments (e.g., Marketing, Customer Services) and local sales team & staff to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Responsible for ensuring Salesforce.com (SFDC) is completely utilized, updated, and compliant with company policies and practices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Biology / Genetics or Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology / Genetics preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience
- Strong Genetics and Molecular Biology foundation
- Experience with strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management
- Preferred knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Genotyping method
- A demonstrated desire to be an effective collaborator within a team selling environment
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships
- English speaking and second language is preferable
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Remote with preference in Southern Germany, Bavaria and Austria
- International travel up to 50%
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, sales commission and other competitive factors in the overall total rewards package.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.