Senior Engineering Technician
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned engineering tasks for breadboard, prototype, and production electro-mechanical systems.
- Analyze and troubleshoot electro-mechanical system performance.
- Assist in the builds of prototype and test fixture equipment.
- Modify and repair electrical and electronic assemblies including PCBAs, wiring harnesses, and motion stages.
- Modify mechanical components as directed by engineering team.
- Maintain equipment/instrument/calibration records.
- Conduct regular maintenance on engineering instrumentation and equipment.
- Orders and replaces equipment parts.
- Assist with the general maintenance of production, engineering, and R&D lab spaces.
- Own and maintain the inventory management of engineering parts and tools.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma with 5+ years of experience in an R&D Engineering environment.
- Hands-on experience working on complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience working on biotech instrumentation is a plus.
- System level testing and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Experience assisting with lab management activities is a plus.
- Good computer skills and comfortable with using computers for all aspects of engineering; Experience with MS Excel and Word, Confluence or similar and web-based programs.
- Ability to interpret Electrical and Mechanical Engineering drawings.
- Ability to manufacture ad-hoc electrical cabling as directed.
- Hands-on experience with machine shop tools.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team.
- Flexible work approach, comfortable in working with ambiguity and in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to effectively communicate issues and document work.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
- San Diego, CA
Base Compensation Pay Range: $72,000 - $78,000
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.