Senior Systems Engineer II
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value Grit, Learning Agility, Customer obsession, and Teamwork.
If this sounds like the place for you, we are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to lead our performance optimization and critical parameter management of complex scientific instruments integrating optics, fluidics, motion, thermal and electrical functions. This is a key role within our systems engineering group requiring an experienced technical expert with previous experience in collaborating closely with cross-functional teammates from R&D, Operations, and Commercial. Strong engineering fundamentals, rigorous critical thinking skills, and a methodical product development approach are essential attributes.
- Work with marketing and technical leads to translate customer needs into product and system requirements.
- Evaluate performance tradeoffs with key stakeholders to set priorities and achieve corporate goals.
- Lead critical parameter analysis and characterization (eg: modeling, simulation, testing of instrument performance).
- Drive parameter optimization efforts to deliver exceptional biological insights from highly reliable instrument systems and subsystems.
- Own reliability requirements, test coordination, and FMEA activities throughout product development lifecycle.
- Lead interdisciplinary root cause analysis involving control loops, electromechanical, thermal, optical and fluidic factors.
- Work with subsystem owners to identify and design test beds and execute reliability and lifetime test plans.
- Contribute to prototype instrument assembly, bring-up and functional test. Coordinate execution of engineering and design verification activities.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or Physics and 5+ years relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and industry experience).
- Proven track record as a systems engineer on development programs spanning from concept to commercialization.
- Proactive project leader who drives action, investigations, and delivers results.
- Ability to navigate uncertainty while developing a deeper understanding of system performance to enable development of better products.
- Expertise with data analysis in MATLAB, Python, JMP or other programing languages and statistical analysis tools required. Familiarity with databases and SQL programming preferred.
- Capability to design and execute DOEs to identify significant factors efficiently.
- Experience with controls, optical, fluidic, thermal, electrical and/or motion systems preferred.
- Prior experience with molecular diagnostics, genomic or similar instruments preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, interdisciplinary environment and quickly adjust to rapidly evolving technology and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explaining technical issues and ideas to peers and management.
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $110,500 - $136,500
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.