Executive Sales Representative - Texas
EXECUTIVE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. Element’s technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are looking to build out a strong sales team focused on selling in the Texas Region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a strong understanding of Element technology.
- Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity.
- Demonstrates capability to present versatile and unique solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial circumstances for the customer and Element.
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
- Manages customer relationships post-sale, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Biology / Genetics or Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology / Genetics preferred.
- 7+ years of experience of commercial (sales/marketing/business development) experience or equivalent experience within a laboratory setting plus customer facing experience.
- Capital equipment sales experience required. Proven ability to sell sophisticated, high-throughput instrument platforms and associated consumables in a highly technical environment.
- Strong Genetics and Molecular Biology foundation. Preferred knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Genotyping method.
- Deep knowledge and relationships with decision makers/influencers and leading researchers in the sequencing and spatial biology community.
- Experience with strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred.
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management.
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Up to 50% travel required.
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $155,000 - $170,000K
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, sales commission, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.