Technical Sales Specialist (Loop Genomics)
TECHNICAL SALES SPECIALIST (LOOP GENOMICS)
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. Element’s technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a strong understanding of Element and LoopSeq technology
- Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity
- Demonstrates capability to present versatile and unique solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial circumstances for the customer and Element
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities
- Manages customer relationships throughout the sales process, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships
- Achieve the quarterly and annual sales as assigned
- Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments)
- Possesses a deep understanding of the NGS landscape and long read NGS landscape
- Coordinates and communicates strategic business plans effectively to the team
- Develops and manages the strategic sales plans and activities in the region
- Responsible for ensuring that Element Biosciences’ commitment to customer satisfaction is performed, delivered, and constantly improved
- Interacts and engages with other departments (e.g., Marketing, Customer Services) and local sales team & staff to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Responsible for ensuring Salesforce.com (SFDC) is completely utilized, updated, and compliant with company policies and practices
- Ability to manage sales process for products and services
- Strong Genetics and Molecular Biology foundation
- Experience with strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management
- Preferred knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Genotyping method, specifically long read chemistry
- A demonstrated desire to be an effective collaborator within a team selling environment
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology / Genetics preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience
- Based anywhere in the region
- Up to 50% travel required.
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, sales commission, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.