Director, International Sales
DIRECTOR, INTERNATIONAL SALES
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. Element’s technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
In this role, you will establish and manage the sale and post-sales support of Element’s AVITI system and consumables products through a network of global distributor. You will develop and grow Element’s channel sales in line with the company’s objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, evaluate, develop and maintain negotiation with international distribution partners.
- Assist distribution sales teams to drive growth of Instrument and Consumable product lines.
- Analyze and implement all operational plans to drive revenue and prepare required forecasts for executive management.
- Coordinate innovative sales and marketing campaigns to ensure rapid increase in sales.
- Develop mechanisms for technical training for all distribution employees in pre and post sales.
- Advocate on behalf of the distributor partners and their end users across Element’s organization. Own the resolution of complex problems by connecting the right internal resources with external partners and clients.
- Supervise effective maintenance of pipeline and ensure punctual reporting mechanism to strengthen management.
- Design various strategic plan to improve sales and marketing plans in distributor markets including Asia-Pacific, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Latin America and others.
- Manage everyday communication with all global distributors and own escalation of issues and opportunities.
- Monitor regional competitors in specific markets and provide report for expansion chances/opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in life science or biomedical engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Significant sales management experience, with a strong preference for NGS Capital Sales
- Excellent communicator with prior experience working with distributors and effectively engage with customers.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with the ability to think innovatively and work independently. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Strong relationship and networking skills. Can lead through influence.
- Commercially astute with strong negotiating skills.
- Proven experience conducting market analysis and identifying new opportunities.
- A high level of business acumen, particular to the Life Science tools market.
- Ability to work with people across different cultures and nationalities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- The drive and commitment to achieve personal and company goals.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is desirable.
- Fluent in English, second language is a nice to have.
- The ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Up to 25% travel required.
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.