Senior Manufacturing Technician, Chemistry
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Element’s Consumables Manufacturing team:
- Synthesize complex organic molecules per established protocols
- HPLC purification and analysis of complex organic molecules
- Analytical HPLC instrument setup, sample preparation and run execution
- Conduct Quality Control procedures for consumables
- Process work orders to complete products to inventory
- Perform assigned manufacturing tasks as assigned by the Supervisor; including flexing to assist other consumable manufacturing teams when needed
- Support cross-functional teams/projects related to: Scale-up, New Product Introduction, Continuous Improvement, Product Transfer, Product Sustaining , Product Development, CAPA activities, Validation studies, etc.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with scientists, engineers, Quality and consumable manufacturing personnel to support R&D process improvement activities to meet production goals
- Perform data collection and basic analysis
- Ability to perform complex workflows and create/review Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow SOPs or Work Instructions in the production of complex organic molecules
- Proficiency with chromatographic tools such as GE AKTA and Agilent HPLC systems
- Knowledge of organic chemistry, process chemistry, and/or process engineering are desirable
- Familiarity handling DNA and sensitive reagents (i.e. enzymes) highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well in a team environment
- Strong communicator and collaborator – experience in working closely with process development engineers
- Basic understanding of equipment upkeep, calibration and maintenance
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with Excel and Word, Confluence, web based or similar programs
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP systems
- Experience with micropipettes and/or multichannel pipettes desired
- Experience working in a GMP environment preferred
- Detail-oriented, organized and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science (biology, biochemistry, chemistry). An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
- Relevant experience in consumable manufacturing, with hands on experience with organic synthesis, small molecule purification and/or NGS Library preparation a plus
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $69,750 - $77,500
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.