- Execute and facilitate the purchase requisition and purchase order process for R&D and indirect requirements
- Coordinate with scientists and engineers to assure accuracy of purchased items and their specifications, determine alternate equivalent items when necessary
- Basic communication with vendors regarding specs, prioritization, shipping discrepancies, etc.
- Assist in vendor and material data maintenance in ERP system
- Work with finance and accounting to resolve pricing/invoicing discrepancies
- Assist with shipping logistics/receiving when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High degree of initiative and self-direction, but also have a strong commitment to being a team player
- Advanced Excel skills
- Committed to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to flex and multi-task in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Commitment to own not only direct responsibilities, but also help manage inputs and downstream processes
- Ability to communicate in a professional, customer focused demeanor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role in the biotech/life science industry
- Familiarity with biology/chemistry lab equipment and consumables, reagents, chemicals
- Experience using an ERP system for procurement and inventory management (NetSuite preferred)
- APICS/ASCM certification a plus
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $65,700 – $73,000
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.