Sr Field Application Scientist - Boston Region
This position is open to support our growing customer base in the Boston region!
- Frequently traveling to the customer site is required. TRAVEL CAN RANGE FROM 25% - 80% OF WORK TIME.
- Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software, and instruments.
- Supporting commercial team and customers in their technical applications and providing product training.
- Displaying professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Providing strategic and competitive feedback to marketing and product development teams, and independently leads or manages beta tests at customer sites.
- Working independently on significant and unique issues requiring collaboration with key decision-makers and senior managers across the organization which may impact future products, concepts, and technologies.
- Assisting sales and marketing on pre and post strategic sales activities requiring both technical depth and market knowledge.
- Delivering customer training and workshops, both in-person and remote.
- Utilizing service CRM software to accurately identify and document customer opportunities.
- Collaborating with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly collaborative; able to work well within multidisciplinary teams.
- Familiar with NGS sample and library prep workflows.
- Skilled in nucleic acids and protein analytical methods.
- Generate high quality and reproducible wet-lab data from established protocols.
- Strong relationship-building and Interpersonal skills.
- High degree of comfort navigating technical project discussions.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours.
- Demonstrated account management skills.
- Quick learner, adapts to change and detail-oriented.
- MS degree with 7+ years or Ph.D. plus experience in NGS library construction ( a combination of experience and education may be considered).
- Experience with NGS sequencing instrument and sequencing run set up preferred.
Requires COVID19 vaccination (or valid waiver) upon hire
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $110,500 - $130,000
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.