Associate Scientist, Protein Production, Contractor
Element Biosciences, Inc is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and diagnostic markets.
Our bay area site is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join the multidisciplinary Protein Production Group.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be executing experiments on protein purification with AKTA system up to gram scales, protein quality analysis and plus buffer preparation, Lab stuff ordering and shipping/receiving. The successful candidate will have lab support responsibility, including helping capital equipment moving from BA to SD and Protein lab setup in San Diego such as supporting reinstallation and calibration of AKTA system and Microfluidizers.
The ideal candidate will have the following background/skill set but not limited:
- Good communication and organization skills
- Hands on experience with E. coli protein purification/Production and BOM/MBR writing are required
- Familiarity with protein analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC SEC is plus
- Hands on experience with protein purification platform such as AKTA pure, AKTA Avant and AKTA Pilot
- Traveling to San Diego in need
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS+. in Molecular biology, Biochemistry, protein chemistry and chemical engineering or a related discipline, Title is based on background and industry experience.
- 2+ years protein purification experience