Inside Sales Representative
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
The Inside Sales Representative drives and manages the sales of Element AVITI instruments, consumables and services within an assigned territory. The Inside Sales Representative is expected to meet and/or exceed sales targets for new instrument sales, ongoing sequencing consumables, and related services. The ISR will work closely with other commercial teams to prospect and qualify sales leads from a wide variety of sources, and to identify the owner of these qualified opportunities. In addition to meeting and/or surpassing sales and lead qualification targets, the Inside Sales Representative will also be responsible for managing the customer sales process for Element through phone, e-mail, web/remote conferencing, and limited on-site visits to promote and further develop the Element business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and/or surpass sales targets for instrument sales, sequencing consumables, and related services at the time of new capital purchase(s) and through the lifetime of the instrument.
- Manage the customer sales process through phone, e-mail, web/remote conferencing, and limited on-site visits to promote and further develop Element business.
- Work with other commercial teams to prospect and qualify sales leads from a wide variety of sources, to identify the owner of these qualified opportunities, and to route these in Salesforce to the appropriate sales lead.
- Achieve and/or exceed all sales and leads targets assigned by commercial leadership.
- Effectively manage all inbound/outbound communication with customers.
- This includes but is not limited to: lead qualification from events, marketing campaigns and prospecting customer lists; coordinating with internal resources (field sales, field application scientists, product management, commercial leadership) to address customer questions and objections; identifying potential upsell/cross-sell opportunities, and driving increased instrument utilization through the life of the product.
- Establish and maintain a strong, positive, and productive relationship with customers and individuals within the organization.
- Maintain the Salesforce CRM database for accurate lead qualification, funnel management and forecasting.
- Other responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Biology/Genetics or a related field of study.
- Background preferably includes: Life Sciences industry experience, at least 1 year instrument capex sales experience, or related field with customer-facing responsibilities.
- Experience with strategic selling, working with multiple cross functional teams, and value-based selling.
- Experience in prospecting, lead qualification, funnel management, drive to close and ongoing account management.
- Candidate must be comfortable with conducting presentations effectively and professionally to customers/peers/management.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Up to 25% travel required.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.