Sr Field Service Engineer East Coast Region
A fantastic opportunity to grow your career with this cutting-edge technology in the next generation sequencing evolution. At Element you will be an internal part of our success as we build out our commercial presence in the field.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What will you be doing?
- Providing onsite installation, qualification, upgrades, repairs and preventative maintenance service on next generation sequencers
- Identifying root causes and resolving product issues in the field
- Collaborating with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes
- Interacting with customers to offer and assist in service contract sales and other service products
- Assessing maintenance/service needs and implementing a plan of action for instrument service
- Displaying professionalism, understanding, tact and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
- Implementing and following policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Utilizing service CRM software to accurately document work in a timely manner
- Frequently traveling to North American customer sites is required. TRAVEL CAN RANGE FROM 25% - 80% OF WORK TIME. Preference for East Coast candidates.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with complex laboratory equipment involving chemistry, software and hardware
- Commercial experience is desired, to include direct selling of products and service contracts
- Proven track record of working on teams that have taken products from concept to market
- Experience developing or servicing scientific instrumentation involving optics, fluid handling and thermal systems.
- Experience with multiple full life cycle product launches preferred
- Proficient with data collection and analysis tools (eg: in MATLAB, Python, C++ or Java) preferred
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including technical writing abilities.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours
- Demonstrated account management skills preferred
- Associate or Bachelor Degree or MS with 6+ years of relevant experience in engineering, physics, biology, chemistry or related field (or equivalent combination of education and industry experience)