Senior IT Manager, Security and Compliance
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We are looking for a driven IT security professional to join our growing team. The right candidate is both technical and strategic, and is comfortable with policies and logfiles, processes and command line, software and application vendors, and working with all levels of an organization from peers to executives. The Senior Manager, IT Security, will have the opportunity to build upon our current security infrastructure to secure the company as we grow to the next level.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and improve security standards, policies, and processes
- Implement centralized logging and monitoring system
- Work with developer teams on vulnerability scanning and software architecture
- Oversee and work with MSP on network and endpoint security
- Maintain authentication system
- The ability to work autonomously, or within the larger IT team depending on assignment/requirements.
- Security assessments of COTS application vendors
- Establish relationships with security companies
- Interact with users, engineers, and scientists for training and application assessments
- Lead investigations into any intrusions or breaches and to provide coordinated response
- Maintain current compliance requirements and lead future compliance efforts as we grow and expand
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of networking, programming, cloud, containers, hardware
- Linux skills and familiarity with libraries and various distributions
- Experience with risk-based approaches
- Keep current with latest technologies and trends
- The ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Experience with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS)
- Scripting/programming experience preferred (python, R, C++, etc.)
- Cloud experience is a plus (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Life science or software development experience is a plus
- Experience with various compliance related matters, GDPR and CCPA preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent field of study, with 8+ years of relevant experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.