Staff/Senior Engineer, System Integration
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value grit, learning agility, customer obsession and teamwork.
The System Integration team at Element Biosciences is centered at the interface of technology and product development, evaluation, and optimization. Builders at heart, we take a product-centered view of development consistently bettering what we touch through iterative rounds of evaluation and improvement. This role will support our product portfolio by working alongside interdisciplinary teams creating solutions that leapfrog what is currently available. Foundationally it requires strong technical skills in hardware and software engineering but with a desire to get your hands dirty helping to build and run integrated systems. Your efforts will significantly contribute to a suite of products and improvements that will help shape the future of biology and change how we evaluate and measure both health and disease.
- Support and lead multidisciplinary engineering projects focused on software and hardware integration of fluidics, imaging and motion control systems
- Contribute to new product development and execute plans that evaluate feasibility
- Write scripts to control devices, automate processes, capture data and analyze results
- Design, coordinate, execute experimental plans and present findings to the team
- Solve complex problems with innovative ideas
- Demonstrated application of engineering design principles (e.g., breadboard/computer-aided design and rapid prototyping)
- Proficient in scripting (e.g., Python, C++, MATLAB, etc.) and software management tools such as git
- Experience using and programming laboratory automation tools (liquid handling robotics)
- Skilled in experimental design and data/statistical analysis
- Strong sense of project ownership and urgency in meeting project milestones
- 3D modeling (CAD) software experience is a plus
- Minimum BS degree in bioengineering, robotics, software, or mechanical engineering or similar field
- Wet and/or dry laboratory experience (2-4+ years)
- System-level perspective of devices, integrations, analysis, and processes
- Desire to learn and develop professional skillsets
- Effective written and verbal cross-functional communication
- Industry experience is a plus
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.