Field Service Engineer
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
What will you be doing?
- Providing onsite installation, qualification, upgrades, repairs and preventative maintenance service on next generation sequencers
- Identifying root causes and resolving product issues in the field
- Collaborating with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes
- Interacting with customers to offer and assist in service contract sales and other service products
- Assessing maintenance/service needs and implementing a plan of action for instrument service
- Displaying professionalism, understanding, tact and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
- Implementing and following policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Utilizing service CRM software to accurately document work in a timely manner
- Frequently traveling to North American customer sites is required. TRAVEL CAN RANGE FROM 25% - 80% OF WORK TIME.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with complex laboratory equipment involving chemistry, software and hardware
- Commercial experience is desired, to include direct selling of products and service contracts
- Proven track record of working on teams that have taken products from concept to market
- Experience developing or servicing scientific instrumentation involving optics, fluid handling and thermal systems.
- Experience with multiple full life cycle product launches preferred
- Proficient with data collection and analysis tools (eg: in MATLAB, Python, C++ or Java) preferred
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including technical writing abilities.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours
- Demonstrated account management skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-5 years of relevant experience in engineering, physics, biology, chemistry or related field (or equivalent combination of education and industry experience)