Senior Scientist, Purification
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead projects in the enzyme area to support the transfer and commercialization of the product/process, including design and implementation of processes, QC’s, and purification methods to build out a robust manufacturing line.
- Design, plan, and execute product and process characterization experiments and stability studies.
- Lead the design of experiments, driving execution, data analysis, and presentation of outcomes, making recommendations based on data.
- Execute experiments to develop and optimize bacterial protein purification for R&D product.
- Scale up from mg to grams for manufacturing purification process development, validation, and production
- Build manufacturing documentation for user and system requirements.
- Lead complex investigations, troubleshooting product performance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in pilot/full-production environments, including tech transfer activities, sustaining support, and continuous improvement is required.
- Hands on experience with AKTA instrumentation is required.
- Strong working experience with various research-scale affinity methods and Mfg. grams’ scale for protein purification and production.
- Independently designing and executing protocols.
- Familiarity with various modes of chromatography (IEX, HIC, RPC, SEC, affinity) is a must.
- Experience in protein characterization (HPLC SEC/RP, qPCR, Kinetic Assay and SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer system) is preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing infrastructure setup such as WI, SOP, BOM and MBR.
- Creative and independent thinker; excellent communication skills; good team worker; ability to multitask and work independently; and ability to find creative solutions to problems are required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment.
- Self-motivated individual with good record keeping and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Prepare and present project updates to ensure timely delivery.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MS/PhD. in Molecular biology, Biochemistry and Protein chemistry or a related discipline (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered).
- At least 5 years' academic or industry experience developing, validating, and implementing recombinant protein production workflows.
Relevant experience in the life science industry is preferred